This information is framed after 10 years of practical shoplifting and use of different equipment…
Why do most pro shoplifters get rid of foil bags? Why are they looking for better equipment? Since I have great experience and knowledge, I will explain it below:
1. foil booster bag:
– necessity to maintain the condition of a foil bag by checking it in advance, as foil has a trait to crack.
– necessity to make a new foil bag, as it gets out of order.
– booster bag is usually very firm and bulky so if you try to put there even a very small item, it will be very hard.
– necessity to watch if the anti-theft tag is too close to the top of the foil bag.
– necessity to have a bag which the foil lining is build in.
– in case of using several bags, more foil linings are required.
– foil bag should be stored somewhere so that relatives wouldn’t ask a lot of questions about the purpose of this bag. In turn, this leads to some problems: non-socialization, secrecy, paranoia, constant anxiety.
– security guards or the police would instantly notice that you are a shoplifter.
– the cost in comparison with the Nickel-Vanadium shielding fabric. Depending on frequency of use, approximately in 1-2 years 6-24 foil linings will be used up. Hours of work, cost of the material, checking the foil bag – this will be worth only if you deal with the AM anti-theft gates.
– built-in metal detectors in the gates, which could not be identified by an eye, and which do not emit any visual or sound signals after the entrance with a foil bag. This signal security receives on the remote, key chain, pager.
+ foil bags can be used both with AM and RF systems.
+ cost of the material. Although relatively shielding fabric it is a controversial issue.
2. Nickel-Vanadium shielding fabric
+ the lining with shielding fabric is imperceptible to the touch
+ operating life if the lining is done and used carefully. Most of my bags with shielding fabric work for at least two years taking into account that these bags are constantly used for everyday needs.
+ the ability to create several bags with shielding fabric of different sizes. For instance, If you go to the store with two medium-size bags with shielding fabric you can put each shoe in a separate bag and then put them in a simple plastic bag, or put them under the belt of your pants, etc. So the same with other goods: put it in a bag with shielding fabric, and then put it anywhere you wish. Even so the dimensions of the item stay the same.
+ opportunity to make pockets out of the fabric for small or flat items.
+ you can carry the bag at any time without any inconvenience or suspicion from others.
– works only with the RF system causing no risk.
+ provides a variety usage variants
+ opportunity to put an item anywhere, even in hand.
+ if a jammer is masked as a everyday device (that a normal person could possibly take with him) , it doesn’t arouse suspicion
+ if a jammer isn’t masked, it still protects a system from unauthorized access. That means that another person can’t prove that it is a jammer and it may be used to commit the crime.
-+? There are gates with which the jammer (even smart version) doesn’t work, however the percentage of such gates is very small. These gates also support metal detecting.
Differences between the smart and simple version:
if 100% is gates that can identify a simple version of jammer, then the smart version can be identified by a maximum of 10% of gates. (for more information about jammers read a manual how to use jammers)